Sunday 21 April 2013

SPOON # 16 - Sunday 21st April

I thought I'd try something a little different this week. I nice piece of lilac heart wood and a design similar to one I found searching the internet for inspiration. The one I found was actually made from horn, but I liked the idea of kind of turning the handle so the thickness went in opposite to the conventional way. I think you can see what I mean:
Perhaps not very practical for using as a spoon, but quite ornate, I thought. Anyway, I wanted to try this with a spoon and this is what I ended up with:



Beautiful colours and grain pattern
It didn't turn out quite as well as I'd envisaged, the coil on the handle was really quite difficult. I would have liked it to look like a single, smooth, long cut, but I guess I'm just going to have to practise my knife skills to achieve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment